Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Descriptive Writing by Bernadette Guevarra


Descriptive Essay
by
Bernadette Guevarra

MY LIFE AS A TEACHER

             There are many places  we go to where we have fun. We met new people from other places. We want to enjoy our whole day in such a comfortable place.

              I had been a  teacher in a Private School for almost six years. I know that part of my life is to teach boys and girls to read and write, to solve mathematical problems and to appreciate this beautiful, wonderful world of ours. It is said to be that there is no permanent in this world except change. I resigned in that school to seek for a greener pasture.

               I applied in the Department of Education (DepEd) to be a public school teacher. I was assigned in the farthest school in our division. My most awaited day come. My trip to my new assignment was exciting and interesting. I have seen beautiful scenery as if I had never seen them before. Around the school  were shady trees and othet plants. My co-teachers and I stayed there for days and went home only every Wednesday and Friday because if we go home everyday we need to spent much for our fare, food and other daily expenses. During night time all we heard was a fearsome sound of forest animals and the ghostly melody of the crickets and other night insects.

            Early morning of the next day we need to be back in our station. Inside the jeepney were teachers from other places. Stories, comma, laughter and happiness were seen on our faces. Suddenly, we just stop talking to take a nap in preparation fore a long and hazardous trip. Some were just busy and quiet observing each one of us. Others were seriously preparing their slippers as they change their beautiful sandal for them to walk in a muddy road through their assigned schools. But inspite of these challenges I still religiously attend my daily class for the sake of my pupils who were patiently waiting for me.

          Because of these I thank the Lord for the wonderful profession I had. My pupils will always remember me of who am I as their teacher.

         I was now assigned nearer to my house. Memories in my old school will always be remembered and treasured.

2 comments: