Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Flower Quickly Fading

NARRATIVE


I would like to tell you an experience that took me some time before I happened to understand. It was just an ordinary day but it was made special by the realization which seems so ordinary but has a great impact on how I will get across my difficulty at this moment.....
          I was on a bus going home.. There was a guy in his twenties, of whom I do not know his name, stood in front of the bus. I thought, this will be another hypocrite preacher, who after preaching would ask some donation. But I was wrong. He said that he can't let that night expire without sharing his wisdom. He said that he was once an evil guy. He was into joining fraternities, smoking, drinking, disobeying his parents, and even taking drugs (marijuana). His family members were so annoyed with him. (While he was telling his "autobiography", I seemed unable to prevent myself from glancing upward every minute or so.  I stiffened at the idea of listening to him. I can hear sincerity in his voice..) He said that nobody cared about him. It took him to run away from them and live alone. And there he was, trying to change his lifestyle through reading the Bible. And indeed, that made him changed his life and walk with God.
           While he was talking and reading lines from the Bible, I've got a reflection and realization. Whew! I was kind of hesitant to believe this guy, though. I told myself that this is another story of a creature who underwent a metamorphosis. But you know what? His wisdom struck me. Right now, I'm losing my religion. My faith in God is wandering. And maybe that is because I am taking a path which is not righteous, which is frustratingly dull!; a road which will I think lead me to a destruction and a sense of humiliation to myself.
          After the litany of this guy, I realized that life is absolutely short, as what the guy sang and narrated in the song, "Who am I?", that we are " A flower quickly fading...". We might die in just a second, in just a flick with a finger, and that God alone knows when we will die. It only means that we need to maximize our potential while we are still alive here on earth and have faith in God. God is always there for us. Even sometimes we make stupid mistakes; He doesn't taunt us but willingly accept us in His hands and embrace us. Oh, gee! We only need to believe in God's words. Having conviction in God will save us from sins, from our wrongdoings. It is indeed a fact, as what the guy in the bus said, that doing good things is not an assurance that after death, we will go to heaven. It is our confidence in God which will send us to heaven. Faith in God is a ticket for us to be doing good things and reach the paradise of heaven to live an everlasting life.. And this I will try…


BY : XANDIE JOY B. BELEN

No comments:

Post a Comment