Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Dwelling Place

  " All things bright and beautiful,All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful--The lord God made them all." This line from the poem of C.F Alexander come across my mind as I enjoy the captivating beauty of nature one blessed Sunday morning.
  I sit nearby a big polished rock beside a clear sparkling spring. It was located under the shade of gigantic trees. I slowly stand and watch the sun rise above the horizon while the sky glows in warm tones of gold and mirror an absolutely stunning reflection. Below this scene lies a luminous hill painted with shimmering jade that glitters in the distance. Birds are soaring freely as they sing in sweet melodious voices that fill the morning breeze with charming music.
   I take a step further to wander around. There are lots of coconut trees that teemed with fruits and so the golf-ball sizes of green mangoes are found in abundance. Hanging from guava trees are succulent fruits that looks like a glistening chandeliers. Bedecked around the huge trees are tall green grasses with some lovely flowers possessing frilly petals that invites colorful butterflies to roam around.
  As the beauty of nature mesmerize my sight,the other part of me asked "Until when a place like this will exist?". We know that modernization is one among the reason why environment like this are slowly fading. The clean, fresh air and green surroundings already changed. There are smokes from cars and factories that causes global warming. The pile of garbage causes great flood and extreme pollution. Earth should not be destroyed because of its progress. Remember we were created to be the caretaker of God's  wonderful creations  and if we're going to look into reality, we are the one seeking havoc and chaos to the environment. 
Let's not wait that this sight that mesmerize me will just be a face of the past. Let us change the possible life the next generation might have.In our own little way, we can help to preserve the environment we once had. We must possess self-discipline and encourage others to help rebuild the situation of our environment.
  As my thought was deeply preoccupied by the current situation of our environment, I gaze around the place where I am. I'm still thankful that this place was still endowed with natural beauty of nature finely sculpt by the majestic touch of Almighty God. This treasured place has been a witness of my childhood years. This rare beauty of nature is located in the place where I born.#juliecabiles#

No comments:

Post a Comment