Popular Posts

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pieces of Literary Pieces ^_^

Gnomic Poetry

·        Cinquains
       YOU

You
jocund, amazing
gifted, precious, blessed
abso-bloody-lutely beautiful
Unique.



·        Haiku                              
                                                  DEAFENING SILENCE

Can you please leave me?
You, who’s boring me to death-
Deafening Silence.


·        Tanaga

GOD’S ASSURANCE

God spoke to me today.
“Hang on there. Sit tight”, he said.
I’ve nothing to afraid of
For He will not let me down.

                                                                                    -MYLEZ ’11-




                     Mesostic Poetry



Pain reminds us that all People are equal.
                 That is, young And old suffer pain.
The great can ratIonalize it
                but the humble kNows how to bear it.

There are those who suffer In their hearts
    And there are those who Suffer in their minds.

   Pain shouts to our ears hoW vulnerable,
        how mOrtal,
how human we aRe, and
how much we’re in need of oThers.
                          It comes to us botH as a sign of our humanity

                                and as signal Warning us of our illusions,
                                    but, it Has to be welcomed.
If we are willing to embrace lIfe for what it is,
    We should be willing to weLcome pain, too.
For life without pain, is’nt lifE at all.

                                                                                            -MYLEZ ’11-





Epistolary Poem
                                                                                                                       

                                                           
TO MY PECULIAR CHUM

Many times you stood by me
Lifting me reach the stars
Ameliorating me to carry the wheels.
Yes, I am a blessed charity
“Coz, you’re on the side of me.

You made me a bale towards tortuous water
You broke through my childish doubts with enlivening words
And make me feel easeful in this sorry world.

Really I am beholden
but how can I utter this
I am shrinking when I see you
Oftentimes we meet
But the words I cannot secrete.

                                                                                                                       -MYLEZ ’11-




Listing Poem


The Lord has given me the tongue of the learned
       that I should know how to speak a word to Him in                season who is weary
       that I should express my own, incongruous to others
       that I should effectuate that I am ingenious
       that I should partake His goodness to me
       that I should go on amidst of challenging                
              impediments
       that I should utilize my skills and talents to the fullest
       that I should love and not abuse myself
       that I should put myself unto others before making
              judgements
The Lord God has given me the tongue of the learned.

                                                                                                                             -MYLEZ ’11-




I Am A Metaphor



I AM AN ELEVATOR


I am an elevator
Welcome is the best cheer.
Warms the cockles of the heart.


I am an elevator
Tired not of ups and downs
Taking them as they find me.


I am an elevator
Seems difficult
But truly I am easy.


I am an elevator
Wait and see,
I can go on smooth way.
                                                                                                                      -MYLEZ ’11-


Retelling Fairytale

LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
            A very long time ago, so many wild beasts prowled about in the forests that no one was ever surprised to meet a bear or a wolf. There lived in a certain village a little country girl, the prettiest creature who was ever seen. When she was still in the womb of her mother, her mother met a dying white wolf. Her mother tried to help the poor creature so that the wolf gave her a red cloak where it laid.
             “Make sure that your child wears this whenever she would get into the woods”, he said before his last breath. Her mother though wondering where the wolf gets that cloak, still, gets it. The coat suited the girl so extremely well that everybody called her Little Red Riding Hood.
            One day her mother, having made some cakes, said to her, "Go, my dear, and see how your granny is doing, for I hear she has been very ill. Take her a cake, and this little pot of butter."
            Little Red Riding Hood promised to go straight to the cottage, so her mother tied on her red hood, kissed her goodbye and off she went.
            As she was going through the wood, she met with a wolf, which had a very great mind to eat her up, but he dared not, because of some woodcutters working nearby in the forest. He asked her where she was going. The poor child, who did not know that it was dangerous to stay and talk to a wolf, said to him, "I am going to see my grandmother and carry her cake and a little pot of butter from my mother."
            "Does she live far off?" said the wolf.
            "Oh I say," answered Little Red Riding Hood; "it is beyond that mill you see there, at the first house in the village."
            "Well," said the wolf, "and I'll go and see her too. I'll go this way and go you that, and we shall see who will be there first."
            The wolf ran as fast as he could, taking the shortest path, and the little girl took a roundabout way, entertaining herself by gathering nuts, running after butterflies, and gathering bouquets of little flowers. It was not long before the wolf arrived at the old woman's house. He knocked at the door: tap, tap.
            "Who's there?"
            "Your grandchild, Little Red Riding Hood," replied the wolf, counterfeiting her voice; "who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter sent you by mother."
            The good grandmother, who was in bed, because she was somewhat ill, cried out, "Pull the bobbin, and the latch will go up."
            The wolf pulled the bobbin, and the door opened, and then he immediately fell upon the good woman and gobbled her up in a moment, for it been more than three days since he had not eaten. He then shut the door and got into the grandmother's bed, expecting Little Red Riding Hood, who came some time afterwards and knocked at the door: tap, tap.
            "Who's there?"
            Little Red Riding Hood, hearing the big voice of the wolf, was at first afraid; but believing her grandmother had a cold and was hoarse, answered, "It is your grandchild Little Red Riding Hood, who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter mother sends you."
            The wolf cried out to her, softening his voice as much as he could, "Pull the bobbin, and the latch will go up."
            Little Red Riding Hood pulled the bobbin, and the door opened.
            The wolf, seeing her come in, said to her, hiding himself under the bedclothes, "Put the cake and the little pot of butter upon the stool, then come get into bed with me."
            Little Red Riding Hood took off her clothes and got into bed. She was greatly amazed to see how her grandmother looked in her nightclothes, and said to her,      
            "Oh Granny, what big arms you have!"
            "All the better to hug you with, my dear."
            "Granny, what big legs you have!"
            "All the better to run with, my child."
            "Granny, what big ears you have!"
            "All the better to hear with, my child."
            "Granny, what big eyes you have!"
            "All the better to see with, my child."
            "Granny, what big teeth you have got!"
            "All the better to gobble you up with, my dear!” said the ferocious wolf as he leapt out of the bed.
            But, alas! The red cloak transformed little red riding hood into a magnificent white wolf. With one blow of her paws, she struck the wicked wolf dead and carefully cut it to get her granny, for the wolf in his greed had swallowed her whole and his teeth had not touched her. 
                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                                   -Mylez '11-



















Revisit to the Classics



Oh! Hector, truly a Trojan Prince
Honor to King Priam and Queen Hecuba of Troy
Greatest instrument in holding off the Greeks
Yes, you’re the Trojan warrior’s bravest.

Most noble and chivalrous, Hector!
Courageous mainstay of the Trojan resistance
No doubt, one of the Nine Worthies
For your noble nature and courage.

Oh! God-like hector, favourite of Apollo
The Gods have turned you to your destruction
Your down has come to thee,
Let not then die ingloriously.




-MYLEZ ‘11­-






2 comments:

  1. need help.How can I improve this? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a classic awesome post, I am lucky that I visited this blog site, it gives supportive ideas. Pritchett School

    ReplyDelete