Popular Posts

Monday, November 14, 2011

Descriptive Writing by Charo B. Antang

 DESCRIPTIVE ESSAY
by
Charo  B. Antang

My Little Paradise

               Few meters from the gate you can smell the scent of fresh flowers. From its sweet fragrance, you can tell that it’s the scent of rose flowers. This scent always made me hold my breath, wanting this to remain in my system. This scent will grow stronger as you approach the gate and enter this little garden of mine planted with varieties of flowering plants. Flowers of different colors that will amaze your eyes and will invite you to stand or sit and stay for a while.
                 At the middle of this garden is a little bahay kubo. A little house made of bamboo and anahaw leaves. It measures 3 square meters. It has bamboo chairs and a cradle made of abaca fibers hanging inside it. A perfect place for a nap after a day long of work. A perfect place for rest that I always feel my legs cramping and my eyes becoming heavy, I always wanted to sleep in this cradle while listening to the birds chirping and smelling the scent of the different flowers. This is my little paradise.
               The row of flowering plants started from the very gate of the garden. Two rows of drift wood planted with different varieties and colors of vanda are so arranged so it formed an aisle from the gate to the main door of the balkonahe. Violet, white, yellow and crimson are the dominant colors from this row.
              On the inner left of the garden are big flower pots planted with roses of different colors. The roses always beamed with flowers all seasons of the year.   This is one of my favorite corners of the garden. A long bench and small table made of recycled wood are found beside the pots, a place to entertain one or two visitors.
             About three me,mters away from the pots of roses are short drift woods planted with another variety of orchids, the dendrobium. These are planted on shorter drift woods because these do not grow very tall. White is the dominant color in this corner.
               At the inner right of the garden is a corner of Anthurium.   These are circularly arranged under a green net. This net regulates the amount of sunlight. Too much sunlight bleached the color of the flowers. I have red, pink and white anthurium planted on pots filled with coconut husk.  Beside the anthuriums are African Daisy planted directly on the soil. I have variety of colors and sizes. Some are small while others are big. Red, Pink. Yellow, Orange. Others have single line petals, others habnbm nmve layered petals.
             The newest from my collection are the brumilliads. Most of them are flowering while few are not. They are resemblance to pineapple. Leaves are layered with thorns at both edges. They need less water but mosquito friendly because water is stored in between the layers of the leaves and on the center of it. Most people admired there flowers, though it took year for it to bloom. These are expensive plants, a single plant range from P500.00 to P1, 000.00 but it multiplies up to four new plants.
               I love this mini forest I have at one corner of my garden. Here I grew ferns, palms, and other tall ornamental plants. There are two lanterns at the center and a small fountain. Below is a small pond with several gold fish. Two benches made of woods are installed facing each other.
                The whole of the garden is planted with green carpet. An aisle from the gate to the door of the balkonahe is cemented with flat stones. The garden is decorated with white pebbles, white and green stones. Two narra trees are planted at the corner going to the garage. Red palms are planted at the four corner of the garden. Gumamela of different colors and varieties are anywhere.
                This is my paradise. A place I always wanted to go home and rest after a day of head breaking and head draining work.     

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a nice post, looks like good; I will give it a try to utilize in my personal life as well. http://itrainingandtech.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. may i request a simple biography of Charo b. Antang? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete