Popular Posts

Monday, November 14, 2011

“My Memorable Place

“My Memorable Place”

By: Ma. Theresa Clerigo
I was given a chance to visit Gumayon, Negros Occidental, one of the concealed places in the province where in panoramic view was preserved. It was very provincial but the nature’s secret was kept. I clearly remember when my on my way there, the emerald shade produced by vigorous different kinds of trees were smiling and alluring me to join them. However, what I first saw was just superficial for its hidden beauty waited as I explored the place especially when I went around the surrounding area where the sun ate away the darkness. Since it was miles away from the city, I had to climb up of the mountain; But, as I finally reached its zenith, I could step on the fogs as they rose going up to the sky and formed as clouds; I could feel that I was on the top of the world, thus the cold dewdrops touched my toes as they dispersed and gone along with the air.
After a while, I didn’t know that I still had to clamber down to finally reach that astonishing place. From there, I stayed in my grandfather’s ancestral house. At Nearby, I could see the hills planted with rice. Their fronds were swaying and dancing as the wind blew. Some were brimming with the golden yellow grains ready to harvest.  At the backyard, an array of different trees weighed down with copious fruits that were mouthwatering. On the side were the bountiful vegetables watered with love and care. Those plants were within a reach which served as our  everyday food. 
My cousins took me to one part of their place which truly took my breath away; to my surprised, they let me rode at the back of the carabao, thus, I  felt the tail of it at my behind as it swung from side to side. As I got there, I was amazed to what I saw! The river was crystal clear; the pebbles were like diamonds that glittered in the water. I even bathe in the river and it felt good knowing that the river was unpolluted. I didn’t even see any refuse nor trash instead just dried leaves falling from the trees that surround it but I was oblivious as to where the water took the leaves as they swam away from my sight. Furthermore at night, the place was covered with darkness since there was no electricity in the place, however, thanks to the moonlight for it lightened the entire place plus the flashing lights of fireflies were everywhere providing at least a little bit of glow that made the night more beautiful. The stars were like diamonds illuminated in the sky and thus, it made me realized indeed how spectacular the place was. For me, it was really the best place I have ever been so far.
Whatever I experienced from that place will be kept in my heart and memory forever because I know that it might be my first and last time seeing that place as beautiful and conserved as it was. I hope that the people living there will continually take good care of their environment as much as they care and value themselves. In addition to that, I am hoping that someday I can revisit there before death calls me.   

1 comment: