Popular Posts

Sunday, November 13, 2011

INFORMATIVE ESSAY

INFORMATIVE ESSAY

HOW TO LOOSE AND GAIN WEIGHT
By Anabelle B. Añonuevo

I was chubby when I was 21 years old. Then I got a chance to go abroad (Hongkong) and worked as a singer. My employer told me that being sexy is a must for an entertainer so he challenged me to trim down by doing daily exercises and eating less than what I used to. I weighed 119 pounds or 53.97 kilograms when I first came to my boss’s place.

My co-singer and I worked nightly at eight o’clock in the evening until twelve midnight. Our repertoire included ballad songs and danceable songs which required tiring dance steps. My weight hindered me from doing some of the routines for our number so I thought of doing something to lose weight. 

I slept at two o’clock in the morning and woke up at nine o’clock in the morning to complete my eight-hour sleep. I took brunch (short for breakfast and lunch) and practiced my songs. At three o’clock in the afternoon, I would go to Kowloon Park to jog at the jogging trail. I just loved the ambiance of that park. There were certain parts of the trail wherein anyone could stop and do special exercises. I loved the sit-up instrument there since there is a bar where you could place your feet and it could aid you to perform proper crunches. I also played badminton with my friend there.

I modified my diet. I ate more fruits and vegetables and I minimized my rice intake. My friends noticed my weight loss and I was so happy with my figure. I will never forget when I weighed 103 lbs or 46.72 kg. which meant, I lost a total of 16 pounds.

When I went back to the Philippines, I decided to start my teaching career. I started teaching in a private school and I gradually forgot about exercising and dieting.

Then I applied at the public school. I got a permanent teaching position and I focused on my career. I did not find time to exercise and ate a lot especially when I was pressured from work. I went out with friends and unwind by eating and drinking with them. Soon, I noticed that my clothes were getting small already.  I realized that I was buying bigger clothes than before. After a few years, I got married and I got pregnant too. After giving birth, I thought, my weight would normalize but it did not.

Now that I weigh 63 kg., I am trying to find time to exercise and watch my diet. It is never too late to improve our health. (That’s what I tell myself) Looking back at the things I have done for the past six years, I admit that it is my fault why I gained a lot of weight. Once in a while, I jog at the joggers’ lane of Puro, Legazpi City hoping I could still lose some weight.

Here is a part of the book entitled “Weight Loss Process” by Quincy T. Ataviado which I want to share with you.

 If you want to pursue your weight loss program, here are some of the important pointers that you should keep in mind:

1. Diet and exercise should be combined to constitute your main and principal instrument in losing weight.
2. There is no such thing as spot reducing.
3. Exercise and diet are effective in reducing fat.
4. Your first concern should be to build a good level of health and fitness based on an efficient cardiovascular system and an adequately strong muscular system.
5. It is highly advisable to get a medical checkup and a clearance before starting a program even if you are going to start only a mild walking program.
6. A physical checkup notwithstanding, it may still be mandatory to stop and to reassess – with the help of a doctor – your health if an adverse reaction is experienced as an apparent result of exercise.
7. Don’t starve yourself no matter how eager you are to reduce.
8. Don’t deprive yourself completely of any nutrient, even of fat.
9. Drink enough water.
10. Relax.

I hope you learned something from this informative essay.


By Anabelle B. Añonuevo

   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this article. I love it. Keep on writing this type of great stuff. research papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I was searching for such type of issues for a long time, now I have got it. Thanks Gay College Guy Bloggin

    ReplyDelete