Popular Posts

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Descriptive Essay-HOW FORTUNATE ARE YOU?

Have you ever felt so alone and hopeless? Perhaps you might say that these feelings are usual for people thriving in this whole wide world that we live in. Sad to say, you may be correct. These feelings are usual but I can say temporal. But, have you ever known of a person who experiences these every now and then? A person accustomed to these emotions? One who would say that these feelings are not anymore new to him, but part of his journey as days go by?
Well, let me share with you a glimpse of the life of a person I usually see as I stand near my brother’s mini store at night. This person stands about 5’7” in height ( if his neck would somehow be normally erect), has a Moreno skin (maybe due to hard work during the day) and carries a load of what we call as “ballot”. I don’t really care about how ballot and penoy got to existence in my writing. What I’m after was the genuine character I see in this ballot vendor.
Probably it would be better if we just call him by the name “Iko”. I have seen him crossing the streets at night selling his stuff to bystanders’ and drivers waiting for passengers. He caught my attention not just because of his unique way of selling his goods.  Take note-UNIQUE. Why? Probably its because he never calls upon his buyers by shouting. He just let the buyers notice him. Probably brought about by his difficulty to talk or timidity. Well, you can’t blame him for that because he’s physical appearance would set you mute of it.
 I was just puzzled by the way he tries to do his job despite his incapability. He never felt the truth that there might be other people (especially those who are having their good time and on the high influence of alcohol) who would just tease and abuse him especially in the weak hours of the long night. I’m just captivated by his eagerness to earn a living for the night .I’m so inspired by his spirit! At times, I would tend to fell pity of him but I just come to think that instead of feeling sorry for him, I should even feel proud. Why? Because still there are persons who are despite of their capabilities does not merely depend on luck. He depends more on his faith that someday somehow his life would be better. I admire him so much to the point that if I could make this writing sent to the president or any millionaire like Pacman, I would try to tell him how this simple guy could inspire a lot of us to change and be  renewed from our wicked ways. How we can be better than what we use to be. How strong this weak man would seem to persons he would come to deal with. Honestly, as I’m writing this, I have realized one thing- little angels may be concealed in their half wounded wings. God is so great that his wisdom tries to make man realize how wonderful life could be. How conceited persons try to value fame and power over happiness and peace. Somewhat others may have all the luck in this world but some people only need a bit of it to gain through happiness.
                I do hope that I did not just give you the chance to read a usual article but a chance to rediscover how fortunate you are by now.



Ms. Bleselda B. Aringo
MAEngEd

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a remarkable topic close to my heart thanks. Keep up the good working! What to do when you are in need of a good paper.

    ReplyDelete