Popular Posts

Monday, November 14, 2011

COMFORT ZONE (Informative Essay)

COMFORT ZONE

         Most people experiences ups and downs of their lives. As they close their eyes at night after an exhausting day, they hope for a calm and peaceful atmosphere. A place where they can be their selves and be relax. Somewhere or something that will make life happy and worth living for. For me my comfort zone is the church. At times when I feel so down and lonely it is the place I look forward to go to. 

        I remember when one time I felt sudden emptiness, something like I can not bear to stand another minute without bursting into tears because of so much sadness. I just walk without any plan where to go to. Going somewhere without direction. Just when I stop and found myself standing outside a church. 

           For a minute I just stand there staring at the structure until my feet seem to be pulled to enter. I walked through the aisle where a red carpet laid and realized that I was getting near the altar without any feeling of disturbance or agony. I was staring at the crucifix as if the person crucified on it is looking back at me. I felt so many emotions and suddenly i can not find a way to handle it. Then I kneel down and close my eyes. I started to talk to him, telling everything how I feel. Until I realized that my eyes was filled with tears. But my heart felt lighter; the tears where not brought by agony or sadness. It was tears of peacefulness and contentment. The conversation with Him was amazing. It was the simplest yet happiest conversation I ever had. I did not laugh but I smiled; a genuine smile which I never had for long. 

        In this I realized I am still blessed, so much blessed that I forgot because of so many heartaches and problems I had. Because of this I learned again to trust him. That in the midst of so much sadness and inevitable problems I have a place to go to and a person that is most accommodating to talk to. My comfort zone that I will always treasure an be thankful because I have learned that I will never be alone no matter what I will be through.

                        
                 Ms. Mae Desiree C. Coros

No comments:

Post a Comment