Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A DESIRE OF HEART


A Desire of Heart

As we grow older our perspectives and ambitions in life also change.

When I was a child I used to think that I want to be a doctor because I want to help people who need cure from their illnesses, especially those who are incapable of paying health services in private hospitals.  One day, my career plan was blown away by the influence of media.  In the movie that I watched, I saw a lady doing office works, organizing files, reminding her boss for the meeting and so on. Something inside told me that I want the job of that lady as a secretary. Later on, I admired my aunt who is a nun because of her simplicity, humility and religiosity. But when I reached 4th year High School I decided to follow the step of my mom as a teacher and planned to take History as a major.  Fate is playful because I was not able to pass the Bicol University entrance examination for Education. The University Registrar suggested that I may enroll to College of Arts and Letters. I considered the proposal and tried to enroll in the AB English program. The situation became difficult for me; the enrollees for the course program were full already. I almost wanted to cry and went home; on the contrary, my parents were there to support me. I decided to take the course program of Speech and Theater Arts. Anyway, I love theater arts.  I intended to shift on the 2nd semester but it was not materialized because I already enjoyed the company of my new friends and appreciated the value of our program. To make the story short, I finished the four-year course as a professional artist.

After I graduated, it was not difficult for me to look for a job. Probably because I was an honor student but I really don’t like to mention it. I want to be recognized with what I had done and not with the title I have.  In 3 years of adventure in the world of Industry, I was not contented. I continued searching for a career that will make me feel right and satisfied.

I went home to look for a job because I thought the reason of dissatisfaction is being away from my family. An opportunity knocked on my door, with no doubt I took it.

June 2011 was my first time to teach. Fear, Happiness, Doubt – mixed emotions that I felt because it’s new to me. Yet, there’s no turning back. I took the challenge that made me satisfied.  

This second semester is my second time to nourish the students with my expertise for them to be the next professional not only in knowledge but also in values.

Maria Giselle B. Artiaga

No comments:

Post a Comment